This recipe for an apple strudel is easy to make and so tasty. You can serve the strudel with some vanilla ice cream, cream or just without anything
- 1 ready-made rectangular puff pastry sheet
- 6 small apples
- 50 g butter
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup raisin
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
How to make it
- Heat butter in a pan. Once melted, add the breadcrumbs and, stirring all the while, toast them until lightly golden.
- Soak the raisins in water for about 10-15 minutes and then drain thoroughly.
- Roll the pastry sheet out on a baking paper to about 50 x 60 cm.
- Cut the apples into small cubes and, in a bowl, mix them with the toasted breadcrumbs, the pine nuts and raisins
- Distribute this mixture over the puff pastry sheet, leaving 8 cm of upper border empty.
- Mix the sugar with the cinnamon and then sprinkle over the mixture. Finish it off with some butter flakes.
- Roll the strudel starting from the long edge (the lower filled side), using the baking paper as support. Tuck the ends in and roll seam-side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Pierce the surface with a toothpick.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and bake for about 40-45 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let it cool at room temperature and then dust with icing sugar.
Recipe by Mad & Delicacy