Very simple — ready in 40 minutes side or starter
Hmmm, baby corn! A bit more tender and sweeter than “grown-up” corn, baby corn looks hot on a stick and totally gets your dinner or BBQ guests excited to nibble on that deliciously beautiful lil’ baby corn. Uh yeah!
What you’ll need for that lollipop
- Baby corn (!!!)
- Sriracha sauce (again and again — the BEST)
- Flaky sea salt (buy Maldon)
- Wooden sticks
For the marinade
- Sesame oil
- Paprika powder
- Curry powder
And here’s how to bake that cuties:
- Pre-heat oven on 200 degrees. Bring a big pot of water to boil and add salt.
- Peel baby corns and cut off the ends. Make a hole in each end where you can later insert the stick.
- Pre-cook baby corns in water for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the marinade by mixing together all the ingredients. Taste to refine.
- When pre-cooked and cooled down a bit, insert stick into baby corns and rub them with marinade.
- Bake baby corns in the oven for about 30 minutes. Remember to turn them around after 15 minutes, so they get evenly baked on all sides.
- When done, serve with some sriracha sauce and sprinkle with sea salt. If you’re really nasty, then you’ll add a big chunk of butter to your baby corn, so it gets all juicy and nice.