A perfect topping for your breakfast or dessert. You can store them in the fridge for 2 weeks - if you haven’t eaten them before then!Whether you cook plums, or just enjoy them as they are, juicy and fresh, they are a wonderful source of many different vitamins and minerals. They originate from China, where they also grow more than half the global production of plums! The fruit also does very well in Denmark, where you can buy many different varieties of plum trees to plant in your own garden. It is also believed that plums were one of the first fruits to be domesticated by humans - currently plum trees are grown on every continent except Antartica. Whether you have your own tree to pick the fresh fruits from, or you buy them at your local store, these baked plums are great to have at hand to use whenever a dish needs a little something extra.
- 800 g. plums
- 70 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
How to do it:
- Turn on the oven at 150 degrees
- Wash the plums and cut each in four pieces
- Mix the plums with sugar, vanilla and cinnamon
- Place them on a sheet, and give them approx. 45-50 minutes in the middle of the oven
- Let cool before storing in a container or enjoying right away.
Recipe by Camille Maja