Chips are a great thing to snack on, or to use as added crunch in a variety of dishes. These beetroot chips are a good alternative to those made by potatoes, and since all they need is to be roasted in the oven, you don't get the same greasy feeling you can sometimes get from potato chips. If you want to add some extra variety, and get full use of your oven while it's warm, then you should consider also making these amazing jerusalem artichoke chips.
- 2 big beetroots
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- Salt, pepper
For the dip
- 3 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of soft goatcheese
- To taste: Salt, pepper & lemonjuice
How to make it
- Turn your oven on 200 degrees
- Slice you beetroot in thin pieces (use a mandolin if you have one). Toss in oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and give it 25-30 minutes. Turn them after 15 minutes. They have to be crispy!
- While you wait, mix your dip
- Ready, set, serve!
Recipe by Camille Maja