How do we like our vegetables? Not only in a salad but also in a cake. Give this light and full of flavour carrot and orange cake a try!
- 60 g sugar
- 250 g flour
- 3 eggs
- 50 g butter, softened
- butter and flour to grease a tin
- 1,5 tbsp baking powder
- 1 organic orange (zest and juice)
- 300 g carrots
- icing sugar, to dust
How to make it
- Peel and mince carrots very finely with a food processor, and keep aside. Grate the zest and squeeze the orange.
- Preheat the static oven at 170°C.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. With an electric mixer beat the yolks and the sugar until they are light. Add the softened butter, carrots, orange peel and orange juice to the bowl and mix well until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder. Then add to the egg mixture a little at a time, mixing until obtaining an even mixture. Whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add whipped whites to the yolk cream very carefully or the air will go out.
- Butter a round baking tin (about 20 cm diameter with high edges), sprinkle with a light layer of flour and blow off the surplus. Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 40/45 min or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool, Then take it out of the baking tin and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Recipe by Mad & Delicacy