A simple soup with a fantastic taste!
Here’s what you need for about 3–4 people:
- 1kg of carrots
- 3–5 Potatoes
- Optional: celleriac or parsnips
- Canned beans, e.g. Borlotti
- 2 Onions
- 2–3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 liter of vegetable broth
- Oil for frying
- Fresh chilli
- Spice of your choice. E.g. curry, cumin, cinnamon, paprika and/or cayenne.
- Fresh herbs such as parsley, watercress or coriander
- 1 Lime
- Sour cream or greek yoghurt
- Optional: Flat bread
And here’s how to do it:
- In a pot, prepare vegetable broth.
- Wash and peel leek, carrots and potatoes. (Wash celeriac/parsnip) and cut all veggies into bite-sized chunks. Peel onions and garlic and finely chop. Finely chop chilli(s).
- In a big, deep pot, heat up some oil. When hot, add garlic, onion, chilli and spices and cook for about 2–3 minutes until onions start to soften.
- Add the veggie chunks. Cover everything with broth and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to instructions.
- Wash herbs and separate leaves from stalks (or eat the stalks as well, there’s a lot of power in them). Juice lime(s).
- When veggies are well cooked, blend until a smooth consistency has been reached. Then add the canned beans. Watch out for splashes of hot soup all over you. Been there, done that. Not nice!
- Top soup with herbs and quinoa and serve with flat bread and sour cream. Feel free to add more chilli or lime juice if needed :)