Spring is coming, the rolls are rolling and chard is growing. Here is a creative way how to use the leafy green called chard!
- Steamed or fresh chard leaves
- 100 - 200 g cold and cooked rice
- 1 cucumber
- 2-3 carrots
- 1 package of tofu
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 dl soy sauce
- Any other greens you like
This is how we roll
- Steam the leaves of the chards for a short bit if you like them soft - otherwise just use them fresh so they stay crunchy. To steam, heat up a pan with water. Take a sieve or basket and place the leaves inside, holding it for a few minutes over the steaming pan of water until the leaves have become soft.
- Make the marinade: finely chop the garlic and mince the ginger, then mix together in a bowl with 1dl of soy sauce and 1dl water.
- Cut the tofu into long and thin slices and marinate the pieces.
- Cut the cucumber and carrots in long, thing slices.
- Simply roll the ‘’spring rolls’’ by filling them with, rice, veggies and tofu. Dip in soy sauce.
Remember to tag your own creations with #eatgrim and #cookinggrim on Instagram and follow us @eatgrim.