With fennel, asparagus and peas
Vegan pancakes for lunch, y'all! Takes not more than 20 minutes to make, and everybody loves pancakes.
Ingredients:For the pancake dough:
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- ½ cup soy milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tbsp balsamico vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A hand full of asparagus
- Fresh peas
- ½ piece of fennel
- 1 spring onion
And here’s how to make it:
- Start by cutting thin slices of fennel, using a mandolin. Leave them in ice cold water. This will make it more crispy.
- Mix the chickpea flour together with the remaining ingredients for the pancake. Bring a pan to medium heat, give it a splash of oil and add the pancake mix. Turn to low heat and leave it for 5–10 minutes. Flip the pancake midways.
- Cut tomato into bite-size pieces, peel the peas and add in a bowl together with the fennel. Mix with olive oil, balsamico vinegar and salt. Finely chop spring onions and keep aside.
- Roast the asparagus on a hot pan and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Top the pancake with roasted asparagus, tomatoes, fresh peas, fennel, finely cut spring onions, salt, pepper and any of your favourite dressing or mayo.
- Bon appetit! And remember to tag #eatgrim or @eatgrim on Instagram when sharing your own creations
Recipe by Oliver Blomqvist