With onions, tomatoes and green kale chips
- Tomatoes 3 medium sized
- Onion 1
- Jalapeños 2
- Garlic clove 2
- Kidney beans (or any other) 240 g: Tip: if you use dried beans, remember to soak them overnight
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds 1 tsp
- Green kale a handful
- Water 2 dl
- Creme fraiche 38% 4 tbsp
- Vegetable oil 3 tbsp
- Cilantro leaves 4 tbsp
How to make the Chili Sin Carne:
- Heat oven to 250 degrees Celsius. Halve the onion and place on a baking sheet covered with baking paper along with whole tomatoes, jalapenos and unpeeled garlic. Bake everything in the oven until the veggies are cooked and burned in the surface, for ca. 20 min.
- While your veggies are baking, make the kale chips. First, lower the oven temperature to 125 degrees celsius, rinse the kale with water and remove the stems. Dry the kale with a towel and add to a bowl, where you mix kale with oil. Then, spread it out on a baking sheet and drizzle with salt and your favourite spices. Bake for about 20 minutes until it’s completely crispy.
- While your kale chips are baking, peel the onions and garlic and cut all the vegetables into bite-sized slices.
- Heat a saucepan at high heat and add oil. The oil must be really hot, so the veggies almost get deep-fried. Now add the baked vegetables and spices, such as cumin and coriander seeds. Finally, add the beans and about half a cup of water per serving. Let it simmer under a lid for approx. 10 min.
- Taste the chilli with salt and top with herbs, kale chips and sour cream.
- Buen Provecho!
Recipe by Barnemad