If you have an eggplant lying around and can't quite figure out what to do with it, well then you've got the answer right here. Simple ovenbaked eggplant topped with a nutty and smooth tahini dressing, plus pomegranate and parsley - What's not to like?!Tahini is a delicious condiment which often gets a bit overlooked in Denmark, even though it goes great with many different dishes and is super simple to make. In it's simplest form, it's just sesame seeds blended with oil. In this recipe we use the storebought kind, but if you have trouble finding any tahini, or simply feel like trying to make your own, the homemade version is just as good.
- 1 eggplant
- 1.5 tablespoon tahini
- 1 garlic
- ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- Salt, pepper, olive oil
- Pomegranate and fresh parsley
How to do it
- Turn your oven on 200 degrees, wash your eggplant and cut it in quarters
- Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and bake it for 20-25 minutes (when the oven is warm)
- While you wait, make your dressing: Mix tahini, minced garlic, peanut butter and add 2 tablespoons of water to begin with. You want your dressing to be creamy, but not too thick. Adjust with a bit more water, until you hit the right texture
- Serve your eggplant with a bit of pomegranate, fresh parsley, and tahini dressing on top. Enjoy!
By Camille Maja