Creamy fennel and leeks soup with potatoes and oat milk
Soups are comfort food, you got to agree. And just knowing that it's in the same time comfort food and healthy meal it makes us feeling good to be reaching for more.
This soup however can also become sort of a pasta sauce for kids when they don't want to eat veggies. You just add some pasta and you have a whole new meal.
- 2-3 smaller fennels
- 4 leeks
- 2 potatoes
- 1,5 dcl oat milk
- 30 g butter
- Olive oil
How to make it
- Wash and cut leeks, fennel and potatoes.
- Use also the green parts of fennel. Using more fennel gives you stronger fennel taste.
- Saute leeks on some olive oil for at least 10 minute or until they're soft
- Add potatoes and fennel, stir and add water so it covers the ingredients
- Add some salt and pepper an leave it to start boiling
- Now it's cooking just let it cook until the potatoes are done, and fennel will be much softer
- When veggies are done you can add some oat milk and butter and mix it in your blender or by using stick mixer
- Mix it until it's smooth and there is no pieces inside
- If it's too thick you can add more water and leave to boil.
- If you like how smooth and creamy it is, just serve with some bread or croutons
- For an extra twist, cook some pasta and use the soul as a sauce. Add some parmesan cheese and enjoy your creamy and delicious pasta dish.
Recipe by Marcela Sambol