With Oranges and Tarragon
A truly simple salad that honours the wonderful flavour of fennel.
The salad can be spiced up with some filets of orange and some black Kalamata olives, but is remarkably delicious in its simplest form :)
SIDE - 4-6 SERVINGS - 20 MIN - EASY
What you’ll need:
- 3 fennel
- 2 oranges
- A handful of fresh tarragon
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
And here’s how to make it:
- Wash the fennel and cut into ultra thin slices. A sharp knife will absolutely do, but a mandolin works best. Place the fennel slices into ice cold water for ten minutes. Drain after.
- Grate the zest of the oranges into a bowl, together with the orange juice. Add three tablespoons of olive oil to the marinade as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Roughly chop a handful of tarragon and mix everything together. Taste the salad and add extra seasoning if needed.
- Serve as is or with a few halved kalamata olives or some fresh filets of orange.
- Enjoy your juicy salad and remember to tag your own creations with #eatgrim or @eatgrim on Instagram :)
Recipe by Anders Vestergaard.