This cake is perfect for the season, and can be modified to all the fruits that are available.
- 200g of soft butter
- 150g of sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 150g of flour
- 50g of cornstarch (Maizena)
- 1.5 tsp of backing powder
- 450g of apples
- Oil for the baking mold (use a round one, 28cm in diameter)
- Powdered sugar for topping
How to make the cake
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. And grease the baking mold.
- Stir soft butter and sugar with a hand mixer until it is thick and foamy. Gradually stir in the eggs.
- Mix flour, cornstarch and backing powder gently into the dough.
- Fill the dough into the baking mold.
- Peel the apples and cut into thin slices.
- Place the apples slices on top of the dough and press them lightly.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 35 minutes.
- Remove from the mold and let cool for a bit. Then dust with powdered sugar and EAT!
Remember to tag your own creations with #eatgrim and #cookinggrim on Instagram and follow us @eatgrim.