And Avocado topping
This recipe is from the cook book “Kål og Kærlighed” by Lisbeth Tordendahl. The book is packed with healthy, easy and varied recipes with cabbage and kale and comes with in-depth knowledge of the unique health-promoting properties that cabbage and kale have.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Green kale 3 big handful
- Hass avocado 1
- Coconut oil 1,5 tablespoons
- Cooked chickpeas 3 1/2 dl (240g)
- Smoked, sweet paprika powder 1 teaspoon
- Cayennepepper (optional)
- Red onion 1
- Juice of 1 lemon
And here’s how to make it:
- Remove the kale leaves from the stems and cut into strips. Boil water in a saucepan, enough to cover the cabbage. Put kale in and cook without a lid for 1 1/2 -2 minutes until the cabbage is tender but still has bite and nice colour (the cooking time depends on how much frost the cabbage has got — taste it, it must be light crisp, without being cool. Pour the cabbage into a sieve and drain it.
- Heat the coconut oil on a large pan, enough for the chickpeas to be in one layer. Roast chickpeas for approx. 5 minutes by turning them around. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper and/or sweet paprika and taste with salt and pepper while frying for a couple of minutes more.
- Cut avocado and onion into thin slices.
- Mix kale, chickpeas, avocado and onion with lemon juice and dill.
Recipe by Lisbeth Tordendahl