This light salad is full of fresh flavours, the creaminess of yogurt, and the salted umami of anchovies. A real delight, which isn't super complicated to achieve.
These days anchovies are enjoyed by people all around the world, and they actually have been for a surprisingly long time! Even all the way back in the Roman times these small fish were highly sought after, and they were even used to make a widely popular condiment, Garum. It's been many years since Garum has been as well-known as it was during that period, but lately the unique condiment seems to have had a rise in interest, with many people sharing their own recipe for Garum online.
- 1/2 Endivia Ricca salad
- 10 anchovies
- 1 handful dill
- 1/2 lemon
- 4 tbsp skyr or yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Bread for serving
How to make it:
- Wash and dry the salad, then break it into single leaves.
- Grill the salad. Use a grill or a grill pan.
- Mix the skyr with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Place the grilled salad on a plate. Then add the yoghurt, anchovies and dill.
- Add some more olive oil, salt and pepper. Squeeze lemon juice on top and you're done.