- 3 medium carrots
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp curry
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Orange juice
- 1 1/2 dl coconut milk (not light)
- Green kale
- Roasted hasselnuts
How to make it
- Start with the dressing: Cut carrots in about 1 cm thick slices. Heat the oil in a small pot or pan. Put in the curry and turmeric and mix.
- Add the carrots and mix well. Pour 2 tbsp orange juice into the pot, season with salt and pepper. Let boil under a lid on low heat in about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Blend with the coconut milk, and add water until you reach the wanted consistency. Season to taste with salt, pepper and extra curry.
- Break the romanesco into bouquest. Slice the green kale in long slices, until you have around 8 handfuls.
- Bring water to boil in a pot, just enough to cover the kale. Put the bouquest in and boil it till it has the wanted consistency. Move the kale into a seive and quickly wash with cold water.
- Boil the green kale for a few minutes in the same water, it needs to still have some bite, and the beautiful green colour. Let the kale cool off and drip off afterwards.
- Roughly chop the hasselnuts, and serve together with the kale and dressing.
Recipe by Lisbeth Tordendahl