Very simple — ready in 15 minutes — quick lunch or dinner
This stir-fry is a great way to use all your leftovers. We at GRIM love Asian and spicy food, therefore we’ve created a quick egg-stir fry with ingredients that can be easily replaced with what you have in your fridge.
We used the leftovers from our last week’s GRIM box, so there’s spring onions, cabbage and zucchini paired with some fresh chili, lime & sesame seeds.
What you will need
- Spring onions
- Fresh chili
- Bulgur or couscous
- 1 egg
- Sesame seeds
- Sriracha sauce — the remedy for everything
- Soy sauce
- Vegetable oil
Here’s how to make the stir-fry
- Wash & slice fresh ingredients. In a pan or wok, heat up some vegetable oil and start frying the zucchini on medium to high heat for a few minutes until they’re slightly browned.
- In the meantime, cook bulgur or couscous according to instructions.
- Add cabbage and a half of the chopped spring onions and fry a bit longer. Then, add bulgur and mix well. Splash the wok with soy & sriracha sauce to refine taste and cook for a couple of minutes until all the veggies get soft. Add some water if it gets too salty or spicy. Lower heat to medium.
- In a bowl, whisk an egg and pour mixture over the wok. Let is sit for a couple of minutes on low — medium heat. Cover with a lid, if you have.
- In the meantime, toast sesame seeds in a separate pan. No need to add extra oil. Remove from heat when sesame seeds are starting to get browned.
- When veggie-egg mixture is done, place in a bowl and sprinkle with leftover spring onions, fresh chili and sesame seeds. Add splashes of lime juice and serve with lime wedges.