Simple — ready in 30 minutes — lunch
Perfect Sunday lunch pasta.
- Fennel stalks
- Lemon juice and zest
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper
Here’s how to cook it
- Cook pasta according to instructions and save some pasta water.
- Steam artichokes according to instructions. When your artichokes are done, work your way through to the hear, then slice it in bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle with some lime juice to prevent browning.
- Cut fennel stalks into similar big pieces. If the stalk is a thicker and stringy, peel beforehand with a vegetable peeler.
- Finely chop parsley and crush garlic. Grind parmesan.
- In a pan, heat up some olive oil and add garlic. Before it starts browning, add pasta water and a good amount of olive oil to it. Stir frequently until the mixture is reduced to about half, then add pasta, parsley, artichokes, fennel stalks and parmesan so it all gets nice and creamy. Continue to stir for about half a minute and remove from heat.
- Plate and sprinkle with lemon zest (use parmesan grinder for that).
Serve and enjoy!