Salad Caprese, which in Italian means "salad of Capri", is a delightfully simple salad that only takes a few ingredients, with the intent of making these shine as much as possible. It is unsure who created this salad and when, but it is said that the green basil, red tomatoes and white mozzarella is meant to symbolize the italian flag.
- 2 high quality mozzarella
- 4 ripe salad tomatoes
- basil leaves
- Salt, extra virgin olive oil, fresh ground pepper, to taste
How to make it
- Start cutting the mozzarella and the tomatoes into 0.5 cm thick slices. In a serving plate arrange the slices alternating the tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Cut the basil leaves into thin strips and scatter on the Caprese.
- Season with salt, extra virgin olive oil and fresh ground pepper.
Recipe by mad&delicacy