A DELICIOUSLY SWEET AND SLIGHTLY ACIDIC SIRUP
Sirup can be found in all shapes and sizes, and it is not only the taste and ingredients of sirups which is full of variety. This orange sirup is the perfect match for pancakes, since they give a lot of sweetness when cooked, while also retaining some of the tangy notes. Other great uses for this sirup could be a desert with ice cream, a dark chocolate cake with nuts or if you're in the mood to party, a delicious cocktail!
No matter the occasion, having a bottle of orange sirup at hand is sure to wow.
- 1dl water
- 130g of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla powder (from Urtekram) (Or use double the amount of vanillasugar if you don’t have pure vanilla)
- 2.5 dl fresh orange juice (approx. 3 oranges)
How to make it
- Add your sugar and water into a pot. As soon as it boils, turn it down and put a lid on for approx. 30 minutes
- Add vanilla and freshly squeezed oranges and turn up the heat – make it boil – turn it down again, find your lid, and let it simmer for 30 more minutes
- Let it cool down and pour it into a clean glass container
- Use it after making, or store in the refrigerator for a few weeks at most
Recipe by Camille Maja