Some of the most simple recipes are those where you can just leave things to cook for a long period of time, while either preparing something else, or enjoying an episode of your favorite series. Butternut squash is the perfect match for the autumn months, where it also is in season, just what is needed as the days grow colder.
- 1 butternut squash
- Olive oil
- A bunch of Chinese cabbage
- 1 Cucumber
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
How to make it
- Cut butternut squash in half, lengthwise. Sprinkle with salt and bake at 180 degrees for 1 hour.
- Prepare salad mix of thinly cut Chinese cabbage and thin slices of cucumber. Add vinegar and salt.
- Serve the squash topped with green salad.
Did you know that different types of squash are usually categorized as summer squash or winter squash?
Winter squash include butternut squash, pumpkin and spaghetti squash etc.
Summer squash include zucchini, yellow squash and pattypan squash etc.
By Oliver Blomqvist