A creative way to use parsnips in baking
Look at these delicious buns! They are made by our GRIMling @morbliverslank and they look mouthwatering delicious. Here is the recipe for all of you.
- 1L of lukewarm water
- 50g of yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2dl sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 400g of grated parsnip
- 5dl ground oats
- 1000–1200g of flour
- Mix together water, yeast and sugar.
- Add salt, eggs, seeds, oil and parsnip and mix it all together.
- Add oats and knead the flour into the dough. The dough should be quite wet.
- Let the dough raise for 45 minutes.
- Use a spoon to daub the buns unto an oven rack covered with a backing sheet.
- Use egg to baste the buns.
- Turn on the oven to 200 degrees C and bake the buns for 25–30 minutes starting in the cold oven.
- You can check if the buns are done, by tapping lightly on the bottom of the bun. If it sounds hollow, it’s ready to eat.
Enjoy straight from the oven with butter and perhaps kiwi-jam?