With white cabbage and ginger dressing
A beautiful and delicious crispy raw winter salad with fresh ginger dressing. The key to this recipe is cutting the cabbage and carrots ultra fine and using freshly squeezed orange and ginger juice to add a bit of brightness to this dish.
Here's what you'll need:
- white cabbage
- 3-4 carrots
- 1 dl sunflower seeds
- 1,5 soy sauce / tamari
- 1 dl fresh cilantro
- 1 dl orange juice
- 2 tsp ginger juice
- 2 tbs olive oil
And here's how to make the this winter salad:
- Slice the white cabbage in thin slices using a mandoline until you have 5 large handfuls, and then continue to slice the carrots.
- Mix the ingredients for the ginger dressing, and add salt to taste. Pour the dressing over cabbage and carrots, and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the sunflower seeds in a sieve and rinse under cold water. Warm a heavy-bottomed paned and add the sunflower seeds. Lightly roast the seeds, stirring frequently, until they start to change color. Place the seeds in a small bowl and add the soy sauce, or tamari, and mix well. Once the seeds have absorbed all the liquid, spread out on a cutting board to cool. Cooling them quickly will help make them more crispy.
- Chop the cilantro and toss with salad. Serve the salad topped with the roasted sunflower seeds.
- Remember to tag your own creations with @eatgrim and #eatgrim on Insta :)
Recipe by Lisbeth Tordendahl
Vinterråkost med hvidkål s. 133 - Kål og Kærlighed