Classic dessert with an Asian twist
Apple strudel is a dessert everyone loves - but have you ever heard of making it with rice paper? Yes, you've heard right! You should try out this easy recipe, for which you can use any kinds of apples.
You will need
- 5 big apples
- 20 rice papers (size 22cm)
- 5 tbsp oats of any kind
- 1-2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Raisins – optional
How to do it
- Peel apples and grate them.
- Put oats, sugar and cinnamon in a blender and blend so you get fine flour-like structure.
- Then, prepare the bath for the rice papers depending on the ones you got. For this recipe, we needed warm water to soak.
- Prepare the baking tray and line it with some baking paper and pre-heat oven to 200°C
- Now make the strudels: For every strudel you will need two rice papers. Start with melting 2 tbsp of butter in the warm water and soak two rice papers at a time.
- When rice paper is all soft, put it on a plate and add 2 tbsp of grated apples in the middle. Add raisins now if you want. Finally, sprinkle with the oats and sugar mixture, just about ½ tbsp for each Strudel.
- Roll and wrap so the filling doesn't go out while baking and fill your baking tray. Grease them with some melted butter.
- Bake them for about 40-45 minutes, then serve warm and crisp.
Remember to tag your own creations with #eatgrim and #cookinggrim on Instagram and follow us @eatgrim.