Winter is not over yet, so let's make some hearty soups while we still can!
- 10-20 potatoes (depends on the size - cut into small chunks)
- 4 carrots (cut into small chunks)
- 2 white onions (quartered)
- 2 cloves of garlic (diced)
- 1 liter of veg stock (two cubes - see here how to make great veggie stock)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of tumeric
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons of rosemary
- Chilli flakes
- Garlic-herb butter (add 1 clove of garlic, salt, pepper, paprika and any herbs you have lying around, e.g. oregano)
- Olive oil
- Oat milk
- Rye bread
How to make the soup
- Prepare one liter of veg stock.
- Add oil and butter into a pot. Add the vegetables cook until they start to soften. Then, add the stock and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, tumeric and chilli to the veg and stir well. Pour in oat milk,and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes. Add two bay leaves and the rosemary.
- Once you feel the potatoes and carrots are soft enough, remove bay leaves, get a hand blender to blitz it up
- If you want, make rye bread crutons to add on top of your soup. Crumble the rye bread into small pieces and fry them in a pan with some oil and butter. Finally add sea salt and top your soup with it!
Remember to tag your own creations with #eatgrim and #cookinggrim on Instagram and follow us @eatgrim.