Sunomono-inspired cold noodle salad
Cold noodle salad inspired by the Japanese side dish Sunomono 🥒
SIDE / 35 MIN / 2 PAX / EASY
100 g soba noodles
1 big cucumber
1 tiny minced garlic clove
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp soy
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp sugar
1 small handful soaked dried seaweed
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. Slice the cucumber on a mandolin. How you slice it is up to you, but I sliced it long and thin.. n then I sliced it like noodles w a knife afterwards 🔪
2. Then add salt too the cucumber slices n let it rest for 10 min.
3. Add the dried seaweed to a bowl w water n let it soak for about 10 minutes as well.
4. Boil the noodles as instructed on the package.. add it to a colander n add cold water so the noodles doesn’t stick together.
5. Then mix the dress.. rice vinegar, soy, sugar n garlic.
6. Squeeze the water out of the cucumbers n mix w the noodles and the dress.
7. Chop the seaweed and add half of it w the noodle salad.. also add half of the sesame seeds.
8. Place the the rest of the seaweed n sesame seeds on top of ur serving 🍃🍃🍃
Remember to tag your own creations with #eatgrim and #cookinggrim on Instagram and follow us @eatgrim.
Recipe by Helene Forchhammer (EatRealBeReal)