Crispy and Healthy Chips
For when you’re craving super crispy and tasty chips with a twist (like everything we do!). You can make this recipe with regular or Tuscan kale and add any spices of your choice. Does it get any easier than this? I’m not sure…
- 150 g washed and dried Tuscan kale
- 3 tbsp neutral flavor oil
- Spices — optional
How to make it
- Rinse the kale in water and remove the stems, either by hand or with a knife. Dry the kale with a towel — the dryer the better result you get
- In a bowl, mix the kale with the oil.
- Spread out the kale on a baking sheet and drizzle with salt and your favorite spices. Please note that you will need less salt than you think, as the kale will shrink about 50% of its size.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 125ºC for about 25–30 minutes or until it’s completely crispy. Check the kale and flip it around every 10 minutes.
- Store the chips in an airtight container and it will easily last for a few weeks or even months.
- Eat them as they are or use them as a topping on any dish that calls for some crispiness.
Recipe by Oliver Blomqvist