With leek, carrot, bell pepper & parsley root
- 1 already-made quiche/pie dough
- 2 parsley roots
- 1 bell pepper
- 3 carrots
- 2 leeks
- 2 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 200 g tofu
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 dl oat milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp black salt / kala namak (optional)
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 125 ml soy cuisine / vegan cooking cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
How to make it
- Start out with prepping all you veggies, wash the bell pepper and leek, peel the carrots and parsley root, and remove the skin of the red onion and garlic cloves.
- Then cut your red onion and leek into half thin slices, cut the bell pepper into small chunks, chop the garlic cloves finely, and grate the carrots and parsley root. Then add all of it a wok pan with the olive oil, rosemary and some salt & pepper to taste, fry it for 10 m. on high heat, stir around occasionally. Then turn on the oven on 200℃.
- While your veggies are frying, prepare the “sauce” for the pie filling. Add the lemon juice, tofu, oat milk, olive oil, rosemary, black salt and some salt & pepper to a food processor, and blend until you get a creamy-liquid. The tofu should be all blended together with the rest of the stuff, so no chunks.
- When your veggies are done frying, they should’ve soften up a bit. Add them to a bowl with the liquid from the food processor and mix it together. When that’s done, add the soy cuisine and mix it in well. Now you have the filling for you quiche.
- Fold out your already-made dough in a pie/quiche dish, so it covers the sides and the bottom, then add the filling from the bowl and spread it out evenly. Then drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil on top. Then pop it in the oven for around 35-40 m.
- When the time has passed your quiche should be ready! Leave to cool for awhile; you can top it with some fresh rosemary or enjoy with a salad on the side.
Recipe by Cæcilie Oline Gade