With pesto, veggie ragu and bechamel sauce
Lasagna is one of those recipes that are hard to mess up, even when your cooking skills are next to none. Try out this recipe to impress your friends with a kick-ass meal🤘
For the lasagna
- 1 squash
- 2 big handful of chard leaves (keep the stems)
- 500 g chopped tomatoes
- ½ fennel
- 2 carrots
- 1 white onion
- 1 red chili
- 1 clove garlic
- 50 g tomato purée
- 2 dl neutral oil
- A few stalks of thyme
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Lemon zest
- 50 g parmesan
- 1 fresh mozzarella
- Lasagna plates
For the bechamel sauce
- 50 g butter
- 50 g flour
- 4 dl 3,5% fat milk
- Ground nutmeg
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Chop the squash, onion, tomatoes, fennel, chili and carrots into small cubes. Finely chop garlic. Remove chard leaves from stems and chop into 1 cm thick strips. Finely chop chard stems. Keep tomatoes and chard leaves in separate bowls.
- In a big pan, heat up some oil and gently fry the veggies for a few minutes. Then make a hole in the middle of the pan, add the tomato purée and fry for a bit.
- Now make the ragu. Add the chopped tomatoes and 1 dl of water to the veggies and mix well. Add thyme by removing the leaves from the stalks and simmer the ragu for ca. 15 min. Adjust the taste with salt & pepper.
- Make the pesto by finely chopping the parsley. Add to a bowl and mix with lemon zest, parmesan, 1 dl oil and a pinch of salt.
- Make the bechamel sauce. Melt the butter, then whisk in the flour and fry for a couple of minutes without burning it. Slowly add the milk while constantly whisking until you reach a smooth consistency. Finally, add nutmeg and a bit of salt & pepper.
- In an oven dish, thinly layer lasagna plates, ragu, chard strips, bechamel sauce and pesto. Finish off with chunks of mozzarella and the remaining pesto.
- Bake at 180 Celsius degrees for ca. 40 min. Pinch with a sharp knife to see if lasagna plates are cooked.
- Garnish with basil leaves, olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Enjoy 🙌
Watch the whole recipe, as well as how to make a bechamel sauce, on Barnemad’s Youtube channel: youtube.com/c/Barnemad & follow them on Instagram: @barnemadtv
Recipe by Barnemad