Bruschetta with avocado and poached egg
Need a rich breakfast or light lunch in the sun? Here's an easy one for you.
BREAKFAST / 20 MIN / 4 PAX / EASY
2 medium size avocado
4 good quality slice of bread
Salt and pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT
1) Cut in half the avocado, remove stone and peel. Cut in small pieces and place them in a bowl. Season with oil, salt and lemon juice. With a fork mash the avocado and mix all the ingredients.
2) Prepare the poached egg. Fill a small saucepan about ⅔ full with water and bring to a boil, then reduce the temperature. Add one tablespoon of vinegar to the water. Crack one egg into a small cup, with a wooden spoon swirl a vortex in the water and gently lower the egg into it. Poach the egg for about 2-3 minutes spooning the simmering water over the egg. When the egg white becomes firm, using a slotted spoon, remove it from the water. Repeat for all of the eggs. Lay them gently on a paper towel to dry.
3) Toast the bread for 5 to 6 minutes until lightly browned on both sides. You can also use a grill or a pan until the bread is crispy.
4) Then spread the avocado mixture over the top of the bread and drizzle with a little oil.
5) Place the poached egg on the top. Season with fresh ground pepper and serve it.
Remember to tag your own creations with #eatgrim and #cookinggrim on Instagram and follow us at @eatgrim.
Recipe by Mad & Delicacy