Carrot and cumin soup with grilled scallops
LUNCH / 45 MIN / 6 PAX / EASY
- 12 middle size carrots
- 50 g butter + extra for scallops
- 1 l veggie broth or hot salted water
- 3-4 tbsp cooking cream
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 6 middle size scallops
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp EVO oil
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. Peel and dice the carrots. Place a medium size casserole on medium heat, add oil and butter. When the butter is melted add the diced carrots. Let them fry gently for 5 minutes and stir regularly with a wooden spoon.
2. Pour the broth in the casserole. Let simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
3. Blend it until completely creamy. Then add cumin, pepper, cooking cream, and mix well. Keep the soup warm.
4. Turn the oven on the grill function. Place the scallops on a baking trail (covered with a baking paper). Season very well with salt and pepper, put a small piece of butter on each scallop. Grill until lightly golden.
5. Pour the soup into 6 bowls. Finish with the scallops, extra pepper and cumin powder.
Remember to tag your own creations with #eatgrim and #cookinggrim on Instagram and follow us @eatgrim.