Cold potato and leek soup
DINNER / 1 H 25 MIN / 4 PAX / EASY
- 4 large potatoes, chopped
- 2 leeks, sliced thinly
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dl vegetable broth
- ½ dl milk
- chopped fresh chives for garnish
- cayenne pepper
- creme fraiche
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large saucepan, add the butter, and melt over medium heat.
- Add the leeks and salt, reduce heat to medium-low and soften for about 20 minutes until pastelike.
- Then add the potatoes, and broth, and simmer for 30 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- Blend the mixture and add the milk. Heat over medium heat and add more salt if needed and cayenne pepper.
- Let cool in the refrigerator, and then eat cold.
- Serve with a drizzle of creme fraiche and a sprinkle of chopped chives.
Remember to tag your own creations with #eatgrim and #cookinggrim on Instagram and follow us @eatgrim.
Recipe by Cynthia Hule.